The second trailer of DC Comics/Warner Bros. Pictures upcoming movie Suicide Squad is released online. The super hyped film is slated to release in August this year. The Suicide Squad is a team of convicts who are put together to work for the government by Amanda Walter (Viola Davis).
The Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen playing in the background just enhances the already super fun trailer.
the film is directed by David Ayer.
The Suicide Squad comprises of
- Will Smith as Floyd Lawton / Deadshot:
- An expert marksman and assassin. Smith stated that Deadshot and Harley Quinn are “allies” in the film, but that they do not know what is happening with the other characters.
- Jared Leto as Joker:
- A psychopathic supervillain. Leto described his role as “nearly Shakespearean” and a “beautiful disaster of a character”; about portraying the villain, he stated “I took a pretty deep dive. But this was a unique opportunity and I couldn’t imagine doing it another way. It was fun, playing these psychological games. But as the same time it was very painful.” Leto never broke character throughout filming, with Will Smith going as far as stating he never met him. In preparation for the role, Leto spent his time alone, listened to gospel music from the 1920s — commenting he senses “the Joker may be much older than people think” — and read literature on shamanism. Influences for the character’s appearance include Mexican cartel bosses and the work of Alejandro Jodorowsky.
- Margot Robbie as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn:
- A crazed supervillain and former psychiatrist. Producer Richard Suckle described the character as “a fan fave. Funny, crazy, scary… You can’t come up with enough adjectives to describe all the different things you see her do.”
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag:
- A military officer. Tom Hardy was previously cast in the role but was forced to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller:
- The government official who gives out the Squad’s orders. Davis stated she is fascinated by the character, singling out her psychology and strength and describing her as a “powerful black woman, hard, ready to pick up a gun and shoot anyone at will.” She described Waller as “relentless in her villainy” and noted that her powers are “her intelligence and her complete lack of guilt.” Davis read M. E. Thomas’ autobiography Confessions of a Sociopath to prepare for her role.
- Jai Courtney as George Harkness / Boomerang:
- An assassin who utilizes deadly boomerangs. About his role, Courtney stated, “he is an absolute bogan, in the purest sense. [David Ayer]’s first instruction was, ‘find your inner shitbag’.”
- Jay Hernandez as Chato Santana / El Diablo:
- A former Los Angeles gang member who can summon flames. Hernandez sets his character apart from his teammates as he “just wants to stay out of the fight”, while “most of [the Squad members] are happy to get out there and kill people”.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Waylon Jones / Killer Croc:
- A supervillain who suffers from a skin condition that causes him to develop reptilian features. Akinnuoye-Agbaje described the character as “a cannibal with rage issues”.